Enrollment Guide of Nanchang Hangkong University for International Students
Profile of NCHU
Nanchang Hangkong University (NCHU), founded in 1952, is located in “hero city” Jiangxi Nanchang, covers an area of over 3,000mu, and has three campuses. It is an engineering-based multidisciplinary university which aims at a well-balanced development of multiple disciplines including engineering, science, humanities, management, economics, law and education. It is a higher education institution with a distinctive feature of aeronautics and astronautics and national defense under the joint leadership of People’s Government of Jiangxi Province and Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. NCHU now has 20 schools, 63 undergraduate majors, including 5 state-level featured majors, 8 provincial-level featured majors, 1 state-level major comprehensive reform pilot project and 6 provincial-level major comprehensive reform pilot projects; it has 15 first-grade and 67 second-grade master disciplines. NCHU now has a faculty and staff of over 2000 people, among whom, over 1274 full-time teachers. There are 430 teachers with doctor’s degree and 735 teachers with master’s degree, accounting for about 91% of total full-time teachers; there are 30 doctoral supervisors and 630 master supervisors, as well as 5 academicians of Chinese Academy of Science (CAS) and Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE). At present, NCHU has more than 23 thousand in-school full-time students. NCHU attaches great importance to the construction of key disciplines, now having 10 provincial level key disciplines with separate key disciplines at National Defense level, 1 key National Defense discipline, 1 key laboratory established by Ministry of Education, 1 key laboratory of national Defense, 2 key laboratories of China Aviation Technology, and 8 provincial-level key laboratories (research centers).
NCHU vigorously promotes the international cooperation and exchange, and has successively established stable cooperative relationship with higher institutions in the US, the UK, Canada, France, Australia, Japan, Sweden, Ukraine, Korea, and Taiwan. NCHU develops Sino-foreign cooperative education projects with many foreign universities, having more than 1400 students engaged in the cooperative project. NCHU actively develops international students program, and it is one of the universities designated by the Ministry of Education of P.R.China to admit International students under Chinese Government Scholarships Program, and the international students program obtained superior recognition for many times. Now the number of international students has reached over two hundred and fifty, coming from the US, France, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, India, Thailand, Kenya, Zambia, Nigeria, altogether 33 countries. And we offered English-taught majors like Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering and Business Administration. Currently, NCHU has started Master Degree Programs taught in English. We also offer various kinds of scholarship for excellent international students studying in our University: Chinese Government Scholarship for International Students, Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students and NCHU Scholarship for International Students. We warmly welcome international students from all over the world to study in NCHU.
Introduction to Scholarship Projects
1. Chinese Government Scholarship project for The Silk Road and independent recruitment
By virtue of project application, NCHU will obtain certain candidates of Chinese Government Scholarship for The Silk Road every year, which can be only used for recruited objects designated by the project. Currently, we mainly recruit Bangladeshi students carrying out 1+3 project with us. The candidates of Chinese Government Scholarship are mainly used for recruiting master students.
2. NCHU Scholarship project for international students
1) Freshmen Scholarship project
Since the entrance in Autumn 2018, after paying off all the expenses for the first year, the newly-registered students may enjoy the scholarship for exemption of the tuition for the second year.
2) Seniors Scholarship project
The scholarship project consists of first-class, second-class and third-class scholarship. Students may participate in the appraisal for the scholarship since the third year.
3. Jiangxi Provincial Government scholarship project for international students
Mainly used for recruiting freshmen of undergraduate and master programs.
Requirements and Conditions for Applicants
1. Applicant must be non-Chinese citizen, obey laws of the People’s Republic of China, and abide by rules and disciplines of NCHU after enrolled;
2. Applicant of undergraduate program must be senior high school students under the age of 22 with healthy body and excellent character and learning;
3. Applicant of master program must be undergraduate students under the age of 30 with healthy body and excellent character and learning.
4. Applicant of Chinese-taught majors must reach level 4 and above for HSK. If the applicant does not reach level 4 for HSK or does not understand any Chinese, he/she may come to us for one-year Chinese study. The majors applied for are all the non-secret-involved undergraduate majors of our University. Students applying for English-taught majors must be proficient in English listening, speaking, reading and writing, and able to successfully read the textbooks and materials for the major. Length of schooling for undergraduate majors is 4 years, and that for master majors is 3 years.